After looking at my results that i took in i was able to come up with a few brief ideas.

On the whole people prefer to have... Narrative, Sad, B/W, Slow... music video without having the band in it.
Taking these things into account i drew up a spider diagram chart with many little ideas, for example i had band ideas such as Coldplay, Snow Patrol and Eva Cassidy.
Because i had chosen to do a sad song, or just a slow song i researched the 'Best 100 songs to make you cry'. I looked through YouTube and many other sites in order to find out the songs that people found most moving.
When on YouTube i read comments left by people and found many reasons as to why they found such songs to be so sad/moving.
I came across artist such as Billy Joel, U2, Beck and Tracy Chapman.
I listened to songs form these artist, along with others and found a song that i decided i could comfortably make a video to match it and that i personally found moving and sad.

My final song choice was 'Lost Cause' by Beck